Many strategies are in place to enable pupil's transition to be as smooth as possible. These include:
- Discussions between the previous or receiving schools prior to the pupil joining/leaving.
- On joining or leaving Lawnside all pupils attend transition sessions where they spend time with their new class teacher.
- Additional visits are also arranged for pupils who need extra time to feel comfortable in their new school or classroom.
- Mr Smith (Head Teacher), Mrs Hanmer (SENDCo), Mrs Bell (Pastoral Support Officer) and the class teacher are always willing to meet parents/carers prior to their child joining, whilst at Lawnside or when leaving the school.
- Middle school staff visit pupils prior to Year 4 joining their new school and the Year 4 pupils visit the Middle schools during their last year at Lawnside to ensure they are familiar with their new environment.
- The SENDCo and class teacher liaise with the SENDC0s/other teachers from the receiving schools to pass on information regarding SEND pupils and other pupils' needs.
- Where a pupil may have more specialised needs, a separate meeting may be arranged with the SENDCo and the class teacher to discuss their requirements and any additional needs.